In addition to the four fields mentioned above, this center trains students and promotes joint research with domestic and international research institutes regarding the basic research as follows. The final purpose is to be an international Center of Excellence on the space environmental technique, supplying superior talent to this field.
- Development of 400V space solar power generation technique
- Analysis of observed data on the space plasma environment
- Basic research on the micro debris generated by the hypervelocity impact
- Measurement and research on the phase transformation of materials due to hypervelocity impact
- Experimental and theoretical reviews on the reactivity and hazard of the chemicals such as detonating powder, propellant, firing charge, propellants for safety bag, raw material for firework
- Experimental and theoretical reviews on the reactivity and hazard of the oxidant-reducer compound and reactive chemicals such as organic oxide